Friday, November 25, 2011

The Grandma Effect!

My daughter has undergone a transformation in the last fortnight that I have been here, at her grandparent's house. Baba is travelling, but we have no time to miss him (Sorry Baba!). There is so much waiting in store at Aaaa-jeeee's place that there is no time to even sleep (yes, that remains a challenge unfortunately).

Aaajjeeee has been teaching us a variety of new lessons and we are such an obedient student. We can now 'dance-dance' i.e. tap our feet. We can bring our thumb and middle finger together and show how 'chhaan-chhaan' something is. We can show you what sunlight does to the eyes. We can say 'diu-diu' and point at the light. We can put things into a bucket and pull them out again. And all of this with such remarkable sincerity and passion that trust me, I have never known my daughter like my Mom knows her grand-daughter. It does not end here... Aaajeee manages to make Bobo chan lie down in her lap for minutes together (feat!) and actually sleep in her lap (magic!).

In all of this, Aai has been reduced to a mere by-stander observing with both joy and fear. Joy because there is so much pleasure in watching my Mom and my baby together, laughing, playing and having fun. And fear, because there is just a day to go and I return to my own house. Will I be able to take this forward by myself? Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment